WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AND SHARE ABOUT THE GROOMING & RECRUITING
OF TEENS for sex trafficking
"This 6 step process being used on our urban and suburban students to RECRUIT them into prostitution and trafficking is well thought out and EFFECTIVE." -Father of a Survivor
what you can do at home for prevention
The prevention starts with you! Tell your children that you care and can be trusted. Don't alienate.
Know the process, talk to your children and adjust your parenting to practice prevention
- Watch for the signs above and sudden change in friends, hobbies, or hangouts
- NEVER worry about being overprotective; monitor kids & their friends
- Use "old-school" parenting & techniques
- A child’s “right to privacy” is not relevant; it’s your responsibility to know
- Beware of Snapchat and ALL social media apps. Set up apps, lock down the phone and insist on having the passwords
- Get a 2nd phone & link it to your teen's phone.
- Call other parents to make sure your child is where they say they are
Make trafficking a topic of conversation and discuss it with your friends and family
- Make trafficking a topic of conversation and talk about the challenges our children are facing
- Explain/teach the 6-step sex trafficking process for urban and suburban kids
- Make a pact with friends to watch out for each other's children and practice open communication
- Use this site to explain and educate
Find a recent picture of your child.
Make a list of all known friends and acquaintances.
Contact police & make a report of the incident, IMMEDIATELY.
Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline (888) 373-7888
Dig into your child's phone &social media history / information.
Contact a consultant or search group.
Watch social media and stay in contact with your child's friends
Keep both law enforcement and consultant/search group well informed of activity